So I’ve been in San Francisco almost two weeks now! I really can’t believe it. It’s been so whirlwind, and I feel myself starting to settle in. Now’s the part where I stop feeling like I’m on vacation (with all my stuff around me) and start to feel like I’m actually living here. That aside, I’ve pretty much been working nonstop since I got here. There’s been a little exploration to Chinatown and the Mission, but I will detail that all in a post later this week. I’m just glad to be getting so many hours. The high costs of moving, combined with the moving violation that I got back in November and my lack of a second job have pretty much depleted my savings.
Like I said, later I will get into some of the finer details of the past few weeks (and hopefully post some much requested photos!) but for now I just want to lay down some early impressions of my new surroundings.
Some passing thoughts on life in San Francisco:
– produce here is so cheap and delicious! In LA you had to go to expensive markets or farmers markets to get fresh fruits and veggies that were worth a damn, but the other night we made a trip to a cheap Mexican market in the Mission and made off with a bunch of bananas, an eggplant, a red bell pepper, a bunch of broccoli, baby carrots, and a few other things for a grand total of $10.63.
– sometimes living in Sunset is like living in a cloud. Yes, it really does get that foggy.
– people up here say “Hella”. A lot. As in way too much. Also less common is it’s perhaps more polite derivative, “Hecka”. I can’t decide which I dislike more.
– public transportation is so easy! The way it should be. I could get used to this. . .
– . . . but I don’t know if I’ll ever get used to seeing gorgeous Victorian houses on a daily basis. Sigh. I want one so bad, but who knows if I’ll be able to afford one during my stay here.
– I can see the Golden Gate bridge on my drive home! At one point, I crest a hill, and if the fog isn’t bad, there it is, winking at me in the distance. Gee ma, I guess I really am in San Francisco!
That’s all for now, more “travels” to come!
Good Night and Happy Travels,
2 thoughts on “First Impressions”
So awesome seeing you! I need to post our pictures 🙂
yaaaaaaay! great post! and so glad you are loving your new town and getting settled in 🙂
i miss that crazy fog!